Required TEXTBOOKS for the 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Currently, our Grade 9s and 10s have successfully embarked on the laptop project. In 2023, the new Grade 9 cohort will be introduced to the laptop project for blended use in the classroom. To facilitate the blended approach, we are offering a blended approach to textbook use in the classroom. Please take note of the following for purchasing the 2023 Textbooks:
- We have engaged with Snapplify to assist you in the process. Snapplify is a time-saving digital purchasing tool that will allow ordering and purchasing both digital and hardcopy prescribed books.
- Grade 8: Textbooks will be hard-copy books only as the Grade 8s are intentionally not part of the project. The discipline of classroom work in a more traditional approach is of great benefit to the Grade 8s.
- Grades 9 – 12: Pupils in these grades will have an option to purchase ebooks and/orhardcopy books using this facility. Please note that the choice rests with the pupil who must find a system that best works for them. Please discuss this with your daughter/son prior to making a decision on their behalf. The Grade 12 Shakespearean text The Tempest (Stratford edition)is not available as an ebook and we request a hard copy to be purchased. As many of the books that pupils use at Grade 10, are required for revision in Grade 11 and 12, we have arranged with Snapplify (ebook supplier) for copies to be available for an extended period.
HOW TO ORDER and PURCHASE BOOKS:
To buy your daughter’s/son’s textbooks for the new term/year, Click on this URL sahetischool.snapplify.com. Please click “sign in with Microsoft” to sign in with your child’s Microsoft Saheti School account. Purchases are made via Engage . Please click and follow these simple instructions for purchasing books in Engage. There is a useful videoclip to assist in the process.
- Engage supports payments via debit and credit card, EFT and Instant EFT, mobile money payments, and payments using Snapplify Credit.
- Credit card payments are recommended to enable immediate availability of the ebooks purchased.
- EFT payments will take 1 – 2 business days to process. It will be essential to forward a proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to ensure that your daughter/son has textbooks (whether ecopy or hardcopy) for the first day of school, please ensure that all orders are received by 1 October 2022.
Once you have finalised your purchase for your ebooks, these will be immediately available. To access your digital ebooks, please download the Snapplify Reader application at getsnapplify.com and sign in with your Microsoft school account.
If you have any questions or need help regarding the ordering process, do not hesitate to get in touch with the Snapplify Customer Service Team. You can email them at email@example.com, or send a chat message in Engage using the chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
If you have any questions about the books being ordered, please contact our school’s preferred booksellers: Step Ahead Stationers (Sabra or Marika) firstname.lastname@example.org (083 263 4608 ).
Queries regarding Snapplify and SAHETI may be directed to ICT Manager ICTManager@saheti.co.za.
We trust that the process used will be an easy one-stop book purchase.